Irish Breakfast Band's
3rd Recording (2015)
Available at our Concerts or from cdbaby through this link
The Irish Breakfast Band, in its third decade, offers its third recording. Traditional Irish music has kept us together over the years of Saturday morning breakfasts, practices, sessions, and performances. We have welcomed new members, including some of our own children. Making music with friends and sharing the tradition with family, neighbors and the community is our delight.
- The Banks of Inverness
- Redican's Mother/ The Humours of Derrycrossane
- Jannie's Jig/ Max and Lynn's Wedding Jig/ The Wedding Party (by Karen Helbrecht and Gordon Johnston)
- The Listowel Hornpipe/ Dunphy's Hornpipe
- She Didn't Dance/ Haste to the Wedding
- Peeler Creek/ Sonny's Mazurka/ The Irish Mazurka
- The First Night in America/ The Bird in the Bush/ The Rose in the Heather
- Dr. Cleave's Farewell to NASA (by Gordon Johnston)/ Planxty Sean Doherty (by Martha Beall)
- The Musical Priest/ Toss the Feathers/ The Banshee
- Yellow John/ Trip to the Cottage/ Yellow John
- Fisher's Hornpipe/ The College Hornpipe
- The Coast of High Barbary
- A Fig for a Kiss/ Another Jig Will Do/ A Fig for a Kiss
- Paul Linehan's/ Rosie Finn's Favorite/ The Desmond Ceili Band Slide
- Johnny O'Leary's Polkas #1 and #2
All tunes traditional, except as noted. Arrangements copyright Irish Breakfast Band. Jannie's Jig, Max and Lynn's Wedding Jig, the Wedding Party and Dr. Cleave's Farewell to NASA performed with permission from Karen Helbrecht and Gordon Johnston. Planxty Sean Doherty performed with permission from Martha Beall.
On this recording:
- Lisa Anderson, flute/ whistle
- Sebastian Barajas, fiddle
- Becky Bates, flute/ whistle
- Martha Beall, piano
- Jonathan Cagle-Mulberg, percussion
- Abbie Desrosiers, flute/ bodhran
- Jackie Desrosiers, ukulele
- Sean Doherty, fiddle
- Katie Duffy, mandolin
- Marcia Finnerty, concertina/ whistle
- Melissa Gouffray, fiddle
- Peter Hayes, fiddle
- Karen Helbrecht, banjo/ cello/ bouzouki/ bones
- Sandy Hoar, fiddle
- Gordon Johnston, fiddle/ viola/ guitar/ bouzouki
- Maggie Johnston, fiddle
- Jannie Johnston, fiddle
- Kate Keating, fiddle
- Steve Keating, fiddle
- Sue McIver, dulcimer
- Joyce Mercer, fiddle
- Chuck Moran, percussion/ vocals
- Rick Netherton, bass
- Maddy O'Neill-Dean, guitar/ vocals
- Tom Van Wagner, fiddle
- Tom Waters, whistle/ pipes
Our thanks to Josh Dukes who produced this recording and coached us in its preparation, to Myron Bretholz for the liner notes and to Brendan Sheridan for the cover art. We are honored to be associated with these three wonderful and knowledgeable musicians.
Produced by Josh Dukes.
Recorded and mixed by Chris Murphy, RHL Audio
Mastered by Randy LeRoy at Airshow, Takoma Park, MD
Liner notes by Myron Bretholz, except those for Tracks 3, 7, 8 by band members.
Art Direction and Design by Bruce Milton, Alexandria, VA
Current web page maintenance by Gordon Johnston. Last update May 14, 2016.
Return to the Irish Breakfast Band Main Page.